Tuesday, June 11, 2013

T-Minus 7 Days - Wait...ONE WEEK?! *Gasp*

I'm getting all packed, and I'm truly almost there! I still need my flight from Florence to London, but I'm not too worried about it. My travel buddies just need to get it together because I've been ready to buy a flight for three days now.

I also survived another orientation today. I was more comfortable onstage, which actually was not as beneficial as I might have hoped. A few "ums" escaped, and I almost drew a few blanks today. When people say they never say the same thing twice when public speaking, they aren't joking. I got a ballpark number of how many people I was in front of, and it was about 600-650 incoming freshmen and parents. That's a real feat if you ask me!

Here's a funny Strugglebus moment I encountered today:

Once I was done with my four minutes of fame, I went to make a few copies of my passport in the Marshall Center computer lab. I was trying really hard to figure out how to scan my passport and I couldn't figure out where to send it - it was just a mess. So, there I am tapping relentlessly on the screen with no luck, and I'm certain I'm hearing the same struggle next to me. I finally give up and look to my left where I find mutual failure. He asked if I was trying to scan my passport, and I replied that I was. It turns out he was, too! I then inquired where he was headed. What are the odds he's also studying abroad in Florence? Frazzled and adventurous minds think alike, I suppose.

Luckily, a girl to my right is also studying abroad soon - in a different location - and saved the day. I got my passport scanned, printed, and ready as a backup in case something goes awry. But really, what are the odds of this madness?!

No comments:

Post a Comment