Saturday, December 21, 2013

It's Been Awhile...

So, this semester was a Strugglebus of its own. I was busy blah blah blah. Who isn't? I'm sure you know how that goes.

I took organic chemistry this semester and wanted to die. Some people click with chemistry – I am not one of those people. It also didn't help that I wasn't very fond of my instructor. Although it's great that I never saw a frown on her face, I think she failed to realize how many frowns were in front of her. She breezed through all of the tough material and focused on the easy stuff. Why do teachers do that?! Anyway, I passed with a B- so I can't complain. I've heard one too many horror stories of people completely failing the first time, so I'm grateful I at least made it the first time around. Plus, I refuse to retake a class. If I'm going to spend 4 months with a class, you can bet your cat I'm not going to do it all over again. No, sir.

Organic Chemistry: B-

I did change my major to Environmental Science. I couldn't be happier. I realized a major reason I was continuing as a biology major was because I shared classes with the same people, and I was reluctant to step away from them. I was afraid of change. In the end, I needed to do what was best for myself and strive for something I'm passionate about. I should've known I wasn't a science person when it was my weakest area in high school (besides history – that's just out of the question). However, environmental science integrates everything I love, and I can actually see myself in that field. I can't wait for next semester!

For the meantime, I'm working on my application to spend a semester abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark. I wouldn't travel until next fall, but I need to start organizing things now. Flights are quite cheap at the moment, so I want to snag one while the price is right. I also need to think about winter clothing, whatever that may be. Arizona and Florida have not taught me those things...


On a real first world problem note: I made a playlist on Spotify of some of my favorite songs, and I can't find a song to pause on because they're all so good, which means I can't go to sleep. Strugglebus.

No comments:

Post a Comment