Sunday, December 22, 2013

I'm a Little Monster

I had a very lazy day today. I was feeling a bit under the weather, but I'm trying to battle that psychologically and with tons of water and vitamin C. I ate some cookies, watched Arrested Development, SNL with Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake (perfection right there), and Modern Family. I also stared at my personal statement for my semester abroad application. That's right, I stared at it. Obviously, I didn't get very far on that. I actually have it written, but it's mumbo jumbo right now and needs some serious TLC before I submit it.


On a far less academic note, my stepmom went shopping as usual and came back with a couple of geeky cat sweaters from Hot Topic for her and my dad, which they wore to a Christmas party tonight. I took their pictures, and it's no wonder people never know my dad is my dad. We're all starting to look the same age. What is life. After the conniption my dad had about her spending money on the sweaters, he ended up winning the ugly sweater contest. Everything happens for a reason, I suppose. They came back from their party with a cock. Get your mind out of the gutter! It's a glass rooster with a bow – lovely decor.

I'm just glad they put their young'n (5-year-old Korean they adopted in 2009) to bed, so I could just sit around some more while they went out. Ah, the lazy life, at least for me. He's adorable, but certainly my annual dose of birth control. I don't know how parents do it. Some magic must descend upon parents in order to care for kids because I sure can't handle them right now. I'm actually trying to live up my twenties by – drumroll please – going to the GAGA CONCERT IN JULY! The tickets were bought today, and I can't be more excited! I've been wanting to see her perform for about 5 years now, and it's actually happening! Little Monsters UNITE!


It turns out my dad is actually really into Gaga, but I didn't know this before buying my ticket with my fellow Little Monster, whom I adore SO much. For some reason, I don't know that many people who adore Gaga as much as I do even though she has millions of fans. I hope my dad gets a ticket, poor thing. Maybe that'll be my Christmas present to him. Strugglebus...I'm the worst with buying presents. I'd prefer if someone just told me what they wanted/needed, and I bought it right there. I know it should be a surprise, but let's be honest: who wants to go through the awkward gift return/exchange fiasco after Christmas if you get something your person doesn't like?

No comments:

Post a Comment